Domain Therapeutics North America is looking for a Research Associate
Under the supervision of the Associate Director, Biology, the primary role of the Research Associate is to participate in the design and execution of experiments and to document the results obtained. He/she will work on scientific research and development projects in collaboration with a dynamic research team, and ensure proposal implementation, the execution of projects, the writing of research reports carried out for external clients as well as for research projects originating from Domain Therapeutics’ programs.
1. Within the framework of the company’s research and/or development projects, participate in the design and execution of experiments in a reliable, reproducible and timely manner
• Participate and program the implementation of operations related to the experiments identified by the researcher or collaborator;
• Carry out cell cultures and transfections as well as operate the laboratory instruments necessary for the realization of the experiments (plate readers, liquid handlers, screening platforms);
• Develop biological assays to assess the activity of small molecules and antibodies targeting GPCRs;
• Profile GPCR signaling using our bioSensAll® BRET based platform;
• Document experimental procedures, results obtained and any unexpected scientific observations.
2. Collaborate in the development of new processes, protocols and procedures
• Participate in the conduct of tests and experiments necessary for the development of new techniques;
• Participate in the implementation of new biologically relevant assays to support collaborations and internal drug discovery programs;
• Keep all necessary documentation up to date.
3. Contribute to the company’s scientific activities
• Work in a multifunctional team to advance new therapeutics through Domain Therapeutics’ pipeline;
• Understand the company’s values and share them with other members of the company;
• Be aware of the strategic importance of one’s own project in relation to the company’s objectives;
• Organize and update permanent documentation (laboratory notebooks, database);
• Keep the test procedures (SOPs) up to date;
• Keep up to date with the evolution of the company’s scientific and commercial activities through working meetings.
EDUCATION: DCS, Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in biochemistry, pharmacology or a related life science field.
EXPERIENCE: minimum of 7 years of relevant experience (for DCS), minimum of 5 years (for Bachelor’s degree), minimum of 3 years (for M.Sc.). Experience in performing high throughput screening (HTS) and high-volume data management will be considered an asset.
SKILLS: proficiency in office automation tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
COMPETENCIES: communication and interaction skills, initiative and accountability, complexity of tasks and analytical skills, thoroughness, problem solving, and teamwork.
BILINGUALISM: French-English (oral and written fluency).
Compensation and Benefits
Join our professional and dynamic team in a growing company!
• Competitive compensation
• Health and dental care insurance plan
• Life insurance
• Short- and long-term disability insurance
• RRSP employer matching program
• Training and development
This is a permanent full-time position with a work schedule of 37.5 hours per week. We invite interested candidates to send us their curriculum vitae as soon as possible in complete confidentiality, specifying mandate number 2021-038, to the attention of: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those candidates selected for this position will be contacted.